Week 8 Reading and Writing

Happy reflection week! When looking back on the design elements of my blog, I am overall very pleased with the layout and design. Like everything, with time, the colors and theme become repetitive, so changed it up just to have a refreshing start to complete the second half of this course. I used a different theme with different colors, and I added a profile picture to make the blog look more well-rounded. I am very satisfied with the features and layout of my portfolio project. I do not wish to change anything with this as of now.
I am overall very satisfied with my reading and storytelling thus far in this course. The best part of this course is you can continuously grow and improve your skills due to the thorough and constant feedback you receive from Laura and your other peers. I hope to learn from this feedback, not only to make corrections, but to also apply these suggestions when I write new stories. As far as reading, I continue to realize the importance of good note taking. With this said, I have used different strategies I have found by reading other reading notes to find what works for me.


Androcles removing the thorn, Wikimedia

This image is from one of my favorite stories thus far this semester, Androcles and the Lion. The image invokes the emotions of empathy in Androcles's calm face, in the midst of sacrificing himself to save a lion, the beast of  all animals. 

Looking forward, I want to push my writing skills. When retelling stories and editing my portfolio, I want to break out of the habits and patterns I usually have when writing. I want to create new and unexpected twists when retelling the stories. This requires reflections about the stories in my own time. As far as my reading, I want to use the bookmark tool when I come across a story that I especially connect with. This makes it easy to reference these resources when using them as inspiration for writing. I am excited to apply these reflection notes in my future work to come. :)

Comments