Week 8 Progress

I am very happy with this course and the progress I have made in it. As of now, I am on track to make an A, and I hope to keep it this way. Out of all my work I am most proud of the stories I have retold. More specifically, I am very pleased with the work and revisions I have made to my first portfolio stories. It is amazing to see how much it has developed thanks to helpful feedback. I think I have done a good job about creating unexpected twists to the original plot. I am a science major, so I am not familiar nor used to reading and writing a lot. It has always been biochemistry reactions and physics for me instead. This course really helps push myself out of my comfort zone. It has been a learning experience. I love how it is a self grading course. I still work a lot of hours for a good grade, but I do not feel overwhelmed with pressure. More importantly, I am not afraid to take risks. I feel like oftentimes, students in the modern day education system are afraid to take risks and push themselves in this kind of way out of the fear their grade will suffer because of it. I like the storytelling the most because of this reason. This type of assignment ultimately gives one the freedom and encouragement to take these risks. I have taken advantage of the extra credit opportunities. In fact, just last week, I had two exams in other classes, so I was not able to complete two assignments during the week. I made these points up, easily, by doing these other assignments. Looking forward, there are not any major changes I want to make. I have considered, creating a theme to my portfolio. I feel like this would make the collection feel more cohesive.

Some cute puppy motivation, Pixabay

Comments

  1. Shary,

    Congrats on all of your hard work for the semester. It is good to hear that you are keeping up your work and working hard to make that A. Also you mentioned you have been pushed out of your comfort zone, which I think is something so valuable in life. It is great you have noticed how you are being pushed! GREAT photo for motivation, I think we can all get behind that haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment