Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Overall, the comments and feedback has been beneficial and helpful towards improving my writing skills. Even though the affirming and more positive comments make me feel good about my self the informative and critical comments tend to give me the biggest lessons. I have found that I learn more when sending comments than when receiving. Occasionally, I will receive feedback after I have made final revisions to the project, and I am too overwhelming to use this feedback with other assignments to be done. However, I still read these comments and learn for them when making decisions in my new stories.
In general for this class, I have learned the most by learning from work of others. I have tried to use different strategies in the structure of how I write the comments. The one that I have stuck to is to give one compliment and then follow it with things I see room to be improved upon. I am getting my best ideas and creativity from others which is amazing because it creates a collaborative environment. I love how people can read the same story and have an entirely different perspective when retelling it.
I love connecting with people when reading the introduction posts. It makes this online course seem more personal and comfortable. As of now, I am content with my introduction and comment wall. I am considering to elaborate more about my hobbies on the introduction post.

Feedback doing wonders, Cheezburger

I chose this image because the feedback, especially from Laura , has ultimately improve in my writing skills which fits perfectly with the caption of this meme. I have noticed there is a pattern to my mistakes, and slowly (but surely), I am starting to notice these patterns more in the moment when executing writing. I can then apply these previous corrections without being reminded again.

Comments