Famous Last Words: One Busy Week

We have all had those weeks in college. The ones where you feel like you are practically drowning.  Well, this was me these past few days. But just when I thought it would never end, here I am, on a Friday night, finally relaxing and recovering from all the stress and midterms this past week. Although, I have been playing catch-up during this week this course from mismanaging my priorities and taking care other obligations, whenever, I do begin to write and read for the assignments, they go by so fast. I find much of the work in this course therapeutic. 
This week, I think I challenged myself by storytelling in a futuristic time setting. This is much different from the rest of my, traditional sounding stories I have wrote thus far. Also, it was satisfying to make my final revision on my first portfolio story this week. When first creating my portfolio page, I was hesitant to commit to this project, rather than the storybook project which most of the other students in this course were doing. However, after reaching the end of this first major step in this project, I am very happy I chose to do this. I feel like sometimes after writing the stories and reading notes, the writing should be revisited because of the creative potential the writing entails. This has been an educational to review my original thoughts which oftentime reveal important lessons that I can use to improve not only that story, but the next story I choose to write. Surprisingly, my favorite reading assignment this week was the extra credit reading assignment, Why Dog and Cat are Enemies in the China unit (link). For this, I challenged myself with a unique reading note style by including the important questions regarding plot turns and the implications behind them.
I am excited to continue improving my reading and writing skills. Let's finish this semester off with a bang!

Just a cute pupper, Pixabay

Comments

  1. Hi Shary,
    It is really cool that you create challenges for yourself. I like to do that too, usually they change every week but I have one for the overall semester also. I like writing them down and being able to cross the completed challenges off my list. I love the puppy image! I noticed a bunch of cute animal pics while scrolling through your blog, and they really go with the style of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment